These are my “famous” chocolate chip cookies. I have been debating posting this recipe for awhile, because it is my FAVORITE, and kind of my “go to” cookie. I wasn’t sure I wanted to tell my secrets it, but I think it is time to share it with the world!
These chocolate chip cookies don’t get hard, they are soft even after they cool down and they are the only chocolate chip cookies that I prefer when they aren’t warm (though they are pretty darn good right out of the oven too!).
This recipe was taken from the Wooster Brush Cook Book they were originally called “Big Dave Heller’s Chocolate Chip Cookies,” I have adapted the recipe a bit.
- 1/4 c. Sugar
- 3/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 2 sticks of butter (Original recipe calls for 1 stick butter 1 margarine, read my post on why margarine is horrible for you to see why I adapted to 2 butters!)
- 1 pkg. Jell-O INSTANT pudding (any flavor works, feel free to experiment!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 1/4 c. flour (I use 1/2 whole wheat 1/2 all purpose)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 pkg. chocolate chips
- See my post on Heart Cookies for how to make Heart Shaped Cookies!
- I like to use butterscotch pudding with chocolate and sometimes 1/2 chocolate 1/2 butterscotch chips, these are a favorite of my friends, last Christmas I had to make them 3-4 times they kept disappearing!
- I have also done chocolate pudding with butterscotch or peanut butter chips, they went over very well as well!
- Change up your pudding/chip flavors to make amazing flavor combinations! See if you can come up with new combinations! Please comment and tell me what you think would be the best flavor combinations!